Monday, June 9, 2008

Cold or Chilled?

In preparation for a Bridesmaids' Luncheon I am hosting in July, I have been testing my menu possibilities on my family. Yesterday for Sunday lunch I served a cold (or chilled) zucchini soup. Everyone had their recommendations for the temperatue that this soup should be served. I drew the line on this soup being heated, after all it was a soup to be served on a hot day. So my final dilemma was not on the temperature of the soup, but how was I to list it on the menu card, cold or chilled?

Cold or Chilled Zucchini Soup

4 medium zucchini,quartered and sliced
5 cups of chicken broth
1 bunch of green onions
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
12 ounces of cream cheese, cut into pieces and softened
1 tablespoon of fresh dill,chopped
1 8 ounce container sour cream
Garnish: chopped fresh chives

Combine the first five ingredients in a saucepan;cook over med-high heat, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes. Add the cream cheese and dill.
Process in small batches in blender until smooth. Cover and chill overnight.
Stir in sour cream before serving and garnish with chopped chives if desired.

No comments:

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...